The Central Board of Education (CBSE) is the Board of Education for public and private schools, under the Union Government of India. This curriculum is made of five learning areas consisting of Languages, Social Science, Mathematics and Technology, Science and Physical Education, Performing Arts and Visual Arts. These five learning areas are represented as five petals which intersect in a transdisciplinary approach across various dimensions exposing students to the depth and detail of knowledge and understanding.
The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavor. The board is committed to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural diversity among its learners. It works towards evolving the learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. The Board advocates Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation with an emphasis on holistic development of learners. The Board commits itself to providing a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace.
Objectives of CBSE Curriculum
- To define appropriate approaches of academic activities to provide stress-free, child centered and holistic education toward children without compromising on quality
- To analyze and monitor the quality of academic activities by collecting the feedback from different stakeholders
- To develop norms for implementation of various economic activities including quality issues; to control and coordinate the implementation of various academic and training programs of the board; to organize academic activities and to supervise other agencies involved in the process.
- To adapt and innovate methods to achieve academic excellence in conformity with psychological, pedagogical and social principles.
- To encourage schools to document the progress of students in a teacher and student friendly way.